Featuring tangy citrus notes balanced by smoky flavors and a hint of heat, this recipe for wahoo ceviche with grilled avocado and jalapeño-lime vinaigrette is guaranteed to kick off your new year with a colorful (and healthy) bang. Keep reading ...
This fast and simple recipe combines the sweet, delicate flavor of snapper with the tartness of citrus and crisp texture of deep-frying.
Add your favorite sides for a delectable and hearty meal.
- 2 1- to 1 1⁄2-pound whole yellowtail snapper
- 1 cup flour, seasoned with salt, pepper, sugar and Old Bay
1. Scale and gut fish, then remove the gills.
2. Heat fryer or deep pot with olive oil to 375 degrees.
3. Score fish, putting deep slashes in the flesh (to the bone) on both sides every 3 inches for oil to penetrate during frying.
4. Pat fish dry inside and out, then dredge lightly in seasoned flour.
5. Fry fish for a few minutes.
6. Pull fish out of the fryer, plate, and spoon on salsa and juice, allowing both to go into cuts.
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 1⁄2 hot red chile, minced (may substitute a pinch of chile flakes)
- 1⁄2 red onion, minced
- 3 Tbsp. cilantro, mint and basil, chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt, pepper, sugar to taste
Prepare first and let marinate for one hour.
1. Segment the fruit, reserve any liquid left, and mix with olive oil.
2. Mix all ingredients, including citrus juice and oil, and allow to marinate.