This recipe is easy to make and sure to be a favorite! Croquettes are a classic dish served around the world and can be made with a variety of fillings, from potato to seafood. Traditionally coated in breadcrumbs and deep-fried, ...
Shrimp and Avocado Bruschetta
The holiday season is upon us. And that calls for a very festive Cook Your Catch recipe. Spread some holiday cheer at your next gathering with this easy-to-make shrimp and avocado bruschetta recipe, courtesy of The Forked Spoon, that’s as enjoyable to look at as it is to eat.
- 8 firm Roma tomatoes - seeded and diced
- 1/2 lb cooked shrimp 3 green onions - chopped
- 8 oz baby mozzarella cheese balls
- 15 oz artichoke hearts
- 2 cloves garlic
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp good quality basil pesto
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan
- 1 avocado
- Balsamic glaze
- 1 French Baguette
- Olive oil
- In a large bowl combine the seeded and diced tomatoes, chopped shrimp, green onion, quartered mozzarella balls, and chopped artichoke hearts.
- In a smaller bowl whisk together the minced garlic, salt and pepper, lemon juice, pesto and grated parmesan cheese.
- Carefully stir together the shrimp and tomato mixture with the pesto mixture. Cover and place in the refrigerator while toasting baguette slices.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Slice baguette into 1/4 inch thick pieces and lay them in an even layer on a baking sheet or baking stone. Using a pastry brush, brush a small amount of olive oil on each side of each piece of bread. Bake for approximately 8-10 minutes, or until lightly golden. Remove from oven and transfer to a platter for serving.
- When ready to serve, peel and chop the avocado into small cubes and add to shrimp mixture. Carefully spoon a small spoonful onto the top of each piece of toasted baguette and drizzle with balsamic glaze (if desired).