Application for Mercury Marine Dealership
The following application is for US dealers only.
- To become a Mercury / MerCruiser dealer for Canada, please call 905-636-4700.
- To become a Mercury / MerCruiser dealer for outside of the U.S. and Canada, please contact your regional Mercury Marine office.
- To become a MotorGuide dealer, please fill out the MotorGuide Service Center Application and send it to email@example.com.
How to Begin the Application Process
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Mercury Dealer. Before you begin, please gather the following information/documents. You will need them to complete the form.
- Basic location and communication information
- Names of main contacts at your dealership
- Boat lines currently carried, along with estimated sales and share percentages
- Engine lines currently carried, along with estimated sales and share percentages
- Facilities information - sales and service
- Service technicians (certifications and names)
- Business principal name(s)
- Guarantor names and email addresses
- Photos of your dealership
- Verification of Legal Business Name, including officers, as registered with the State, ie Articles of Incorporation, LLC Articles of Organization, Partnership Agreement or Corporate Minutes or Resolution
The next step is to send us your email address. That will allow you to access the application form and begin the Mercury Dealer application process. You will also receive an email with a link to reopen the form in case you exit it before completing your application.
These requirements represent only an overview of what is required to be a Mercury Authorized Dealer. The complete details are reviewed and discussed during the application process.
Mercury® Outboard Package Agreement / MerCruiser® Agreement:
Boat Line: Dealer must have an established boat line.
Boat Package Order: Confirmed order of a minimum of 6 Mercury outboard-powered boat packages and/or a minimum of 6 MerCruiser-powered boat packages.
Parts/Tools Required: Annual P&A purchases are to be of at least $5,000 annually, which includes a minimum initial parts, props and oil order, and also includes special tools and the Computer Diagnostic System (CDS).
Service: Mercury bills annually for MercNET®, literature and training. A Dealer Service Development Plan (DSDP) is completed with the dealer within the first year in order to evaluate the current level of service at the dealership.
Facility: Showroom and service facility is required, which includes approved Mercury signage.
Market Area: Prior approval of Mercury Representative required.
Mercury® Outboard Stocking Agreement:
• Same as above. Mercury will require a loose outboard order based on market area and program requirement.
• P&A purchases must be of at least $5,000 annually, as noted on contract.
• Other considerations, such as service-only contracts, are based on the need for service representation and/or other factors in a specific market and are determined solely by Mercury Marine.