Mercury Marine Announces $10,000 Propelling Marine Technician Careers Grant Opportunity for High Schools, Technical Institutes
FOND DU LAC, Wis. (May 3, 2023) — Mercury Marine, a division of Brunswick Corporation (NYSE: BC), announced its Propelling Marine Technician Careers Grant for the 2023-2024 academic year. This program is designed to support high schools and technical institutes committed to develop the next generation of marine technicians. The program will offer one grant in the amount of $10,000, intended to expand interest and provide hands-on experience that encourages students to consider a rewarding marine technician career path.
Mercury Marine, its dealers, and loyal customers rely on skilled individuals with a strong work ethic and passion to service our industry leading marine products. Mercury is committed to developing the marine technician workforce and this grant program will help by providing students the education and tools required to succeed.
Criteria is as follows:
- Grant application must be completed by a current Educator, Administrator, or School Board / Program Advisory Board member.
- School or institute must be in the United States and operate in a non-profit capacity.
- Grant application must be accompanied by at least one letter of support from a local Mercury authorized dealer, current school board / program advisory board member, or a professional from a supporting marine focused organization.
- Grant dollars must be used to purchase Mercury product, tools, and/or rigging donation (based on availability) through a Mercury vocational account to further education for students in a marine technician field. Funds must be used prior to Dec. 31, 2023.
- Winning high school or technical institute must facilitate a career day experience for students with a local Mercury authorized dealer which allows students to job shadow and further explore opportunities in the marine technician field. This must be completed by the end of the 2023-2024 academic year.
One $10,000 grant for the 2023-2024 academic year will be awarded in September 2023. The grant will be fulfilled in the form of Mercury product, tools, and/or rigging donation (based on availability). To apply, eligible grant applications and letter(s) of support must be submitted by 11:59pm CST on Friday, June 9, 2023, either via email (email@example.com) or mail to:
ATTN: Melanie Bruins – Grant
W6250 Pioneer Road
Fond du Lac, WI 54935
To learn more about the Mercury Marine Propelling Marine Technician Careers Grant and to apply, visit: mercurymarine.com/careersgrant