The highly innovative and intuitive Active Trim system from Mercury Marine® increases fuel economy and makes boating easier and more enjoyable by providing instant and effortless automatic trim for compatible outboards and sterndrives..
Intuitive, Hands-Free Control.
Active Trim is an integrated GPS, speed-based automatic engine trim system from Mercury Marine. This intuitive, hands-free system continually adjusts engine trim based on changes in boat speed to improve performance, fuel economy, and ease of operation. It responds to boat maneuvers with precision and delivers a better overall driving experience. No knowledge of trimming an engine is needed to take advantage of Active Trim.
- As the boat accelerates, the engine will trim out
- As the boat decelerates, e.g. making a turn, the engine will trim in
- Active Trim can be overridden at any time by using the manual trim buttons
- Active Trim allows the boat operator to compensate for changes in boat load, driver preferences, and weather conditions while maintaining full automatic control
Active Trim is compatible with most:
- Mercury FourStroke outboards from 40 hp and up
- Mercury SmartCraft-capable two-stroke outboards
- Mercury SmartCraft-capable gas and diesel sterndrive engines with digital trim senders
- For compatibility with Joystick Piloting for Sterndrives (Axius), please see your local Mercury dealer
You can order all available Mercury literature online or through any authorized Mercury dealer. Please have your outboard or sterndrive serial number before placing the order.
- Operation, Maintenance, and Warranty Manuals
- Parts Manual
- Service Manual