The ideal propulsion choice for runabouts up to 19 feet
- HP / kW 135 / 99.3
- Maximum RPM (WOT) 4400 - 4800
- Engine type Inline 4
- Displacement (L) 3.0
- Fuel delivery system Multi-point Electronic Fuel Injection (MPI)
The specifications displayed here may not be indicative of the entire engine family; click on the “See All Models and Specs” link to view the specs in detail.
Easy to maintain.
Color-coded service points help you locate and check fluids faster. Easy access is ensured by the front-mounted dipstick and oil fill, not to mention a spin-on oil filter. Mercury’s SmartCraft® system communicates all critical engine functions to the helm, putting you in complete control.
With Mercury Repower Financing, you can easily power up everything from fishing boats, to runabouts, to cruisers with flexible financing on the engine. You can also choose to finance rigging, gauges, controls and even labor. Mercury Repower Financing offers low rates and low monthly payments to fit a boater’s budget.
This high-displacement engine has a cast-iron block for rugged longevity. Mercury’s exclusive Engine Guardian system senses any potential problems and instantly takes action to prevent engine or drive damages from low oil pressure, low drive lubricant or overheating.
Sequential multi-port fuel injection precisely meters the air-to-fuel ratio, ensuring efficient operation any time the engine is running. The Emissions Control Technology (ECT) system works in tandem with the CPU to keep emissions in check. The result is better gas mileage and longer range.
The 3.0L is known for quick, easy starting – regardless of air temperature – as well as smooth idling and excellent throttle response. The high-output alternator, which produces 65 amps at maximum rpm and 38 amps at idle, provides battery charging on demand.
Mercury® MerCruiser®: 3.0L
HP / kW
- 135 / 99.3
Maximum RPM (WOT)
- 4400 - 4800
- Inline 4
Bore and stroke
- 4.00 x 3.60" / 101 x 91 mm
- Unleaded Regular 87 Octane Minimum (R+M/2) or 90 RON 10% Ethanol Maximum
Engine control system
- PCM 09 with SmartCraft CAN capability OBD-M diagnostics Dual oxygen sensors
Fuel delivery system
- Multi-point Electronic Fuel Injection (MPI)
- Single piece iron intake with 56mm throttle body
- Crank fired high voltage switch with knock control
Alternator amp / Watt
- 65 amp / 917 watt
Water drain system
- EZ Water Drain
- Electro-deposition paint coated iron manifold with dry joint elbow
- Raw water
Accessory drive system
- Serpentine belt
- NMMA Certified FCW 25W-40 Synthetic Blend
Engine guardian system
- Knock control
- Low drive lubricant
- Low oil pressure
- Low voltage
- Low water pressure
Dimensions (L x W x H)
- 29 x 26 x 21" / 730 x 660 x 533 mm
Weight (engine only)
- 515 lbs / 234 kg
You can order all available Mercury literature online or through any authorized Mercury dealer. Please have your outboard or sterndrive serial number before placing the order.
- Operation, Maintenance, and Warranty Manuals
- Parts Manual
- Service Manual