Built for ease – from maintenance to maneuvering.
- HP / kW 430 / 321
- Maximum RPM (WOT) 4600 - 5000
- Engine type V8
- Displacement (L) 8.2
- Fuel delivery system Multi-point Electronic Fuel Injection (MPI)
The specifications displayed here may not be indicative of the entire engine family; click on the “See All Models and Specs” link to view the specs in detail.
A high-displacement footprint allows the V-8s to work smarter – not harder – with lower max rpm to ensure longer engine life. Engine Guardian is standard and averts potential problems with timely intervention, while the Cool Fuel Module prevents vapor lock.
Long runner intakes pack more air into the chamber, while the advanced MPI system fine-tunes the fuel-to-air mix, producing more power on combustion. High performance aluminum cylinder heads improve mid-range acceleration. Optional SmartCraft® Digital Throttle & Shift provides silky-smooth operation.
Big Power From Little Gas.
These big blocks put all the power you want on the line when you need it – just the ticket for larger cruisers. The high-output alternator generates 65 percent more power than previous models. Yet the MPI and ECT systems also ensure maximum fuel economy. And these engines take 87-octane gas!
The MercFusion Paint System creates an outer seal against the elements, while MerCathode® provides automatic protection against galvanic corrosion. For maximum defense against saltwater effects, the SeaCore® industrial hardcoat anodizing system and closed-cooling circuit is available.
Mercury® MerCruiser®: 8.2L
HP / kW
- 380 / 283
Maximum RPM (WOT)
- 4600 - 5000
Bore and stroke
- 4.47 x 4.00" / 113.5 x 101.6 mm
- Unleaded Regular 87 Octane Minimum (R+M/2) or 90 RON 10% Ethanol Maximum
Engine control system
- PCM 09 with SmartCraft CAN capability OBD-M diagnostics Dual oxygen sensors
Fuel delivery system
- Multi-point Electronic Fuel Injection (MPI)
- High inertia induction system
- Distributorless ignition with knock control
Alternator amp / Watt
- 65 amp / 917 watt
Water drain system
- Single point air actuated
- Tuned runner exhaust manifolds with 316 stainless steel tubular dry joint elbows
- Brass sea water pump
- Closed cooling
- Long life 5-year antifreeze
Accessory drive system
- Serpentine belt
- NMMA Certified FCW 25W-40 Synthetic Blend
Engine guardian system
- SmartCraft Engine Guardian
Dimensions (L x W x H)
- 35 x 33 x 24" / 878 x 838 x 610 mm
Weight (engine only)
- 1,122 lbs / 509 kg
- Bravo One X
- Bravo One XR
- Bravo Three X
- Bravo Three XR
- Bravo Two X