None More Durable. Or Efficient.
Tuned for max acceleration and throttle response.
Lightweight & Fuel Efficient
Mercury’s world-renowned engineering team has packed incredible power into these lighter, compact four-cylinder single-overhead-cam engines. The 115hp weighs 20 pounds less than its closest four-stroke competitor, making it the world’s lightest low-emissions outboard in its power range.
The larger Command Thrust gearcase creates a bigger footprint in the water, which provides more leverage to control your boat. The larger torpedo, combined with a bigger-diameter prop, can lift a heavy boat onto plane more easily and hold it there at lower speeds without impacting top speed.
Do you like to boat offshore even though you’re not in the market for a big boat? For the first time, Mercury is offering a 115hp FourStroke with left-hand rotation. Two of these mid-range monsters on your transom provide the maneuverability and get-home safety of higher-horsepower twins at a price that’s easier on your wallet. Unlike competitive dual 115hp engines, dual 115 Mercury FourStrokes are Command Thrust models, which swing V6-class propellers, such as Enertia series to deliver improved acceleration and better boat control in rough water.
*Available only on 115 hp
The same lifetime maintenance-free valvetrain design found in our 150 FourStroke engines makes the 75-115hp FourStroke outboards incredibly durable.
Powerful & Efficient
Less weight and high displacement mean Mercury’s new 75 - 115 FourStrokes generate abundant torque and immediate power. Because they don’t have to work as hard as heavier engines or those with lower displacement, these engines make boats plane faster, accelerate better and provide optimal fuel efficiency at cruising speed.
Quieter Than the Competition.
The Mercury 115 FourStroke is quieter than a competitive 115hp four-stroke across the rpm band.
- At idle, the Mercury is four decibels quieter than the competition – the competitive outboard is 25% louder.
- At cruising speed, where normal conversations occur, the competitive outboard generates almost 15% more noise.
- At wide-open-throttle, the Mercury is more than eight decibels quieter – the competitive outboard is 50% louder.
Smoother Than the Competition.
The Mercury 115 FourStroke has less vibration and rides smoother than a competitive 115hp four-stroke.
- At forward idle, the Mercury's vibration level at the driver’s seat is up to 50% lower than the competitive outboard.
- On the transom, the competitive outboard puts out nearly five times more vibration than the Mercury – both at cruise and at full throttle.
Take a deeper dive into what makes Mercury outboards stand apart with detailed information on each motor and the features that make them unique.