Massive displacement and the lightest 150 hp four-stroke in its class
- Engine type 8-valve single overhead cam (SOHC), Inline 4
- Displacement (L) 3.0
- Full throttle RPM 5000-5800
- Steering Big Tiller Compatible, Dual cable mechanical, Electro-Hydraulic Power Steering Optional on Duals, Hydraulic power steering
- Dry weight *Lightest model available 455 lbs / 206 kg
The specifications displayed here may not be indicative of the entire engine family; click on the “See All Models and Specs” link to view the specs in detail.
Performance, Durability, Efficiency.
Making 150 horsepower is easy for this 3.0-liter, four-cylinder, single-overhead-cam engine. Its generous displacement lets it churn out power without breaking a sweat. You get exceptional durability and long-term peace of mind.
“She Fishes” Chloe Laurence picks Mercury FourStroke
Chloe Laurence is having a great time – breaking down stereotypes while doing what she loves.
A talented fisher with numerous tournament wins to her name, Chloe is helping to eliminate the myth that fishing’s just “a bloke’s sport” while encouraging everyone to try throwing in a line.
With a focus on inshore sports fishing as well as game fishing for marlin and tuna, Chloe spends as much time as she can out on the water – propelled by a brand new Mercury 150 FourStroke.
Now you can have the power of SmartCraft on your mobile device (iOS or Android) with all the digital data your SmartCraft engine supports - plus new features such as Maintenance Reminders, Mapping, Performance Summary and Fault Code Diagnostic information. Connect with your engine and be in the know.
- Connects the SmartCraft data network to your iOS or Android mobile device via BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy 4.0)*
- See SmartCraft engine parameters: fuel flow, water temperature, battery voltage, RPM, engine hours*
- Get fault code diagnostic information so you know and understand if that fault is something to be addressed when you return back to the dock or it is something more significant*
- Get mapping information for your body of water: location, record a moment on the water, fuel & restaurant locations and more
- Dealer Locator and Primary Dealer selector
- Checklists associated with your boating lifestyle
- Maintenance reminders and historical maintenance information logs*
- Compatible with all Mercury SmartCraft-capable engines built since 2003 (40 HP and up)
Compact and Versatile.
It’s the lightest 150hp four-stroke outboard on the market. Smart design makes the 150hp Mercury FourStroke nearly 20 pounds lighter than its closest four-stroke competitor, and less than a battery weight heavier than a two-stroke. Potential uses for this engine are endless, including bay boats, boats with poling platforms and pontoons with swim platforms.
Propped to Perform.
The Mercury Enertia® propeller is the perfect complement to the 150 FourStroke. Designed specifically for large four-stroke outboards with a revolutionary low-diameter/high-blade-area design and cast with the Mercury proprietary X7® propeller alloy, Enertia delivers phenomenal acceleration, top speed and durability.
Easy to Maintain.
Rather do it yourself? The no-spill oil-change system, an easy-access fuel filter and a lifetime maintenance-free valve train make the Mercury 150 FourStroke the easiest-to-maintain 150hp four-stroke on the market. Scan a QR code under the cowl to link with step-by-step video demonstrations.
Perfect for Repower.
The compact, lightweight design of the Mercury® 150hp FourStroke engine fits most transoms, including those with narrow engine wells and tight motor spacing. Rig it with mechanical or hydraulic steering, mechanical control and cable systems, and a full complement of analog or SmartCraft® gauges.
FourStroke: 150 hp
HP / kW
- 150 / 110
- 8-valve single overhead cam (SOHC)
- Inline 4
Full throttle RPM
- Performance-Tuned Scroll Intake Manifold
Fuel induction system
- Computer Controlled Multi-Port Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI)
Alternator amp / Watt
- 60 amp / 756 watt (Belt-Driven)
- Unleaded Regular 87 Octane Minimum (R+M/2) or 90 RON 10% Ethanol Maximum
- Mercury FourStroke Oil 10W-30
Engine protection operator warning system
- SmartCraft Engine Guardian
Compatible with SmartCraft digital technology
- Electric (turn-key)
- Smart Start Electric
- Mechanical throttle & shift
- Big Tiller Compatible
- Dual cable mechanical
- Electro-Hydraulic Power Steering Optional on Duals
- Hydraulic power steering
- 20" / 508 mm
- 25" / 635 mm
Dry weight *Lightest model available
- 455 lbs / 206 kg
CARB star rating
Bore and stroke
- 4.0 x 3.6" / 102 x 92 mm
- SmartCraft ECM 70 Digital Inductive
- Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI)
- Water-cooled with thermostat
- Power Tilt
- Power Trim
- Through prop
- Phantom Black
- Wet sump
- 6.3 qts / 6.0l
Maximum Trim Range
- 22° (-6° to 16°)
Maximum Tilt Range
- 73° (-6° to 67°)