Mercury Marine’s new VesselView Mobile app puts the power of SmartCraft on your mobile device
Mercury Marine, the world leader in marine propulsion and technology, will introduce its VesselView Mobile app at the 2016 GEICO Bassmasters Classic, March 4-6 on Lake O’ the Cherokees in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Available for iOS and Android mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets, the VesselView Mobile app instantly provides users access to their boat’s SmartCraft digital data in the palm of their hand.
SmartCraft® is a fully integrated suite of digital technologies, including marine gauges, sensors, vessel systems and computer-controlled features, that gives users a higher level of control over their boat’s propulsion and electrical systems. Now, with Mercury Marine’s VesselView Mobile, users can see SmartCraft engine data right on the screen of their mobile device. The app also includes useful new features such as Maintenance Reminders, Mapping, Performance Summary, and Fault Code Diagnostics.
VesselView Mobile makes preparing for and spending a day on the water easier, safer and more enjoyable by letting users perform the following functions from their mobile device:
- Connect to the SmartCraft data network in your boat from your iOS or Android mobile device via BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy 4.0)
- See all the SmartCraft engine parameters: Fuel usage, water temperature, oil & water pressures, battery voltage, rpm, etc. (parameters available are specific to each engine family)
- Get fault code diagnostic information so you know and understand if that fault is something to be addressed when you return to the dock, or is more urgent
- Locate your nearest Mercury Marine dealer
- Get points of interest information for your body of water, including fuel and restaurant locations, and more
- Record a moment on the water for future reference
- Access checklists associated with your boating lifestyle
- Get maintenance reminders and access historical maintenance information logs
The VesselView Mobile module (available at Mercury Marine dealers in May 2016 for $275) is compatible with all Mercury SmartCraft-capable engines built since 2003 (40hp and up). Mercury Marine’s VesselView Mobile app will be available for free download from the App Store or Google Play starting in May 2016, as well.