MerCruiser SmartCraft FAQs
- How can I find my closest authorized MerCruiser dealer?
- I would like to add SmartCraft instrumentation to my boat. Is my MerCruiser engine compatible? Can I install this myself?
- What are the features of SmartCraft?
- Can I convert my mechanical engine to DTS?
- How can I get MerCruiser engine data to display on my GPS/ chartplotter?
- Is SmartTow compatible with my engine?
- How do I enter calibration mode on an SC1000 gauge?
- How do I perform a master reset on an SC1000 gauge?
- Can I globally control the brightness on my SC1000 or MercMonitor gauges and the SC100 links I have attached to them?
How can I find my closest authorized MerCruiser dealer?
Authorized MerCruiser dealers in the United States and Canada can be found under Find a Dealer on this website.
Links to regions outside of the United States and Canada can be found on the Contact Us page.
I would like to add SmartCraft instrumentation to my boat. Is my MerCruiser engine compatible? Can I install this myself?
All Mercruiser MPI (multi-port fuel-injected engines) sterndrive, inboard, and tow sports models with serial number 0M300000 and higher are compatible with SmartCraft instrumentation systems. Mercury Marine recommends installation of SmartCraft systems be performed by your Mercury Marine dealer.
What are the features of SmartCraft?
Depending on the gauge system you choose (System Monitor, MercMonitor, System Tach & Speed, or VesselView), you may be able to access the following information:
- Basic engine parameters (oil pressure, coolant temperature, voltage, total run time, sea water pressure)
- Boat speed via GPS, paddlewheel, and/or pressure sensor*
- Sterndrive trim angle
- Steering angle*
- Transmission/stern drive in-gear indicator
- Fuel, water, and waste levels*
- Water depth*
- Water temperature with graph
- Air temperature
- Dual engine synchronization display
- GPS interface - course over ground (COG), speed over ground (SOG), distance to waypoint (DTW), bearing to waypoint (BTW)*
- Engine maintenance records and reminders
- Comprehensive system diagnostic display
- Time of day
- Fuel management, range consumption, gallons remaining
*These parameters require additional sensors not included with the engine package or gauge system.
Can I convert my mechanical engine to DTS?
We do not offer a kit to do this modification and buying individual components to accomplish this is cost-prohibitive. We cannot help you modify your engine. Damage caused by product modifications is not covered by the limited factory warranty.
How can I get MerCruiser engine data to display on my GPS/ chartplotter?
The MercMonitor, levels 1, 2, or 3, can be configured as a gateway to export engine and vessel data to an NMEA 2000-compliant chartplotter.
Is SmartTow compatible with my engine?
SmartTow is an option on any Mercury outboard or sterndrive that is equipped with SmartCraft DTS (Digital Throttle & Shift). This includes ALL Verado outboards (four- and six-cylinder), including the 250 and 300 hp Pro FourStrokes, and is an option on MerCruiser engines from 5.0L, 5.7L and 6.2L through the 8.2 MAG H.O.
How do I enter calibration mode on an SC1000 gauge?
Press and hold the "MODE" and "+" key simultaneously until you see CAL 1 (choose screens). Or continue to hold both buttons until you see CAL2 (calibrate fuel tanks and external sensors).
How do I perform a master reset on an SC1000 gauge?
Press and hold the plus (+) and minus (-) buttons simultaneously. You will see a graphic where a bar will come in from the left-hand side of the screen, and second bar will come in from the right-hand side of the screen. Conitune to hold the buttons until the two bars touch.
Can I globally control the brightness on my SC1000 or MercMonitor gauges and the SC100 links I have attached to them?
Yes. In Calibration mode, select "yes" for the "Remote LCD Light" setting.