Mercury Product Protection
– Confidence is Priceless
To give you the best possible peace of mind, Mercury Marine is proud to offer Mercury Product Protection coverage plans.
Mercury Product Protection coverage is completely administered and backed by Mercury Marine – no other independent provider or insurance company is involved. Mercury Marine has been the leader in marine propulsion for more than 70 years, and no one knows your Mercury product better than the people who made it.
Coverage plans are sold and supported exclusively through Mercury Marine and our Mercury Marine dealer network.
Mercury Product Protection provides comprehensive component coverage in two levels – Platinum and Gold. Product Protection plans cover breakdown failures caused from a defect in material or workmanship, similar to the standard limited warranty. Both plan levels are available to fit your unique needs. MPP offers combined coverage with the factory warranty but not to exceed seven years. Coverage becomes effective when the factory limited warranty expires. On Mercury outboards and MerCruiser engines, there is a seven-year maximum for the combined standard limited warranty and contract period.
Coverage is also available for select MotorGuide trolling motors. There is a combined five-year maximum for standard limited warranty and contract period.
Payment plans are available – check with us for eligibility.Mercury Product Protection Advantages
- Factory-backed by Mercury Marine, which means program integrity and exemplary customer service. It also means the program is preferred by lending institutions.
- The contract is between you and Mercury Marine, not between you and the dealer.
- Factory-trained technicians at more than 4,300 authorized and factory-trained dealers throughout the United States and Canada.
- All claims are paid through the dealership. No need for you to pay for the repair and wait for reimbursement.
- Transferrable to subsequent owners, increasing product value at resale or trade in time.
- Coverage amount is not limited to the current ABOS Blue Book value but instead it is the suggested list price for your Mercury product at the time of the original sale.
- Coverage take effects upon the expiration of the factory warranty, there is no duplication of coverage.
- $25 deductible per claim