Responsible Consumption of Energy
- Reduce annual energy consumption by 40 percent (from 2005 levels)
Mercury Marine will move forward with smart energy practices aimed at reducing consumption of natural gas and electricity in all facilities. These efforts will minimize our carbon footprint, will help conserve the earth’s energy resources and will reduce costs. Our goal will be met by seeking greater efficiency and by employing new energy technologies as they become feasible and available.
- Establish energy baselines and develop systems for aggregating and reporting global energy usage
- Develop energy-reduction strategies for each operating facility
- Report performance results each year
Mercury U.S. Energy Usage
Mercury U.S. Energy Improvement
Reduced Consumption of Energy
- Mercury has achieved four consecutive years of meeting or exceeding its goal of reducing overall energy consumption by 34 billion Btu annually. This equates to a reduction of more than 13,000 tons of carbon dioxide, 60 tons of sulfur dioxide and 29 tons of nitric oxide.
- Factory ventilation and HVAC (heating, ventilating and air conditioning) improvement projects have better balanced air flows with factory ventilation requirements, reducing the amount of energy required to heat or cool outside air drawn into facilities. These efforts have reduced annual energy consumption by more than 31 billion Btu.
- Updates to processes and equipment in foundry operations provide 40 billion Btu of annual energy savings. This is equivalent to the emission prevention of 11,690 tons of carbon dioxide.